Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Thursday 1 October 2015

Tahajjud Reminder

Unknown

This short story might be of benefit these days...

It was narrated from one of our pious predecessors that he said;

“Upon entering the slave market, I saw a slave girl been marketed to be free from any defects, so I bought her for 10 dinars and set out with her back to the house wherein I offered her food but she said to me; I am fasting … so I went out afterwards.

When it was time for dinner, I brought her food but she ate just a little from it, then we both prayed ‘isha. Afterwards, she came to me and said: Oh Master… do you have any chores left? I said no… she then said, “do you then permit me to spend time with my Supreme Master?”

I said you’re permitted, so she went into a room and started praying, I then lay down to sleep. When a third of the night was gone, sheknocked on my door, so i said: what do you want? She replied saying; Oh Master, do you not desire to wake for the night prayer?

I said No, so she left. When it was mid-night, she came back knocking on the door and said: Oh Master! Almutahajjidoon (Those who are consistent in night worship) have woken up to their daily night routines with their Lord, so have the pious /righteous ones woken up to their portion of night worship!
I said: Oh slave girl: At night, I am like a log of wood (i.e dead asleep), because during the day, I am full of hustling (to make ends meet), won’t you allow me rest! …

When it was the last third of the night, she came knocking on the door again but this time with a bang and she said: Don’t you long to be in counsel with The King (i.e Allah), Put something forth (from your needs) before Him!, and take your place in front of Him (in worship) because verily, (Other) Slaves have preceeded you!.

He said: Her words stirred me up, so I got up from sleep, made Wudu and prayed several units, then, I tried finding this slave girl in the darkness of the night, till I found her in prostration uttering the following words: “Oh my Lord, by your love for me, do forgive me”.

So I said: Oh slave girl! How do you know He loves you?
She said: Were it not for His love for me, He wouldn’t have woken me up (for His worship) and made you sleep (all through).
So I said, I emancipate you by Allah’s mercy! So she made du’a and went out saying: “this is the lesser emancipation, the bigger emancipation remains unachieved” (i.e freedom from Hell fire)!”

I was saddened when I read the statement of As-shayk ibn ‘Uthaymeen May Allah have mercy upon him:
(Beware! anytime you feel lazy performing acts of obedience to Allah, for it might be that Allah hates to see acts of obedience from you).
Allah says in suratu Tawbah Q9:46;
(…But Allah disliked their being sent, so He kept them back,...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates